The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Monday, October 23, 2023

The Parlor and AI

It's been a few weeks since I've checked the Parlor's Twitter feed, but I have found updates from SAG-AFTRA and WGA regarding the strike and another topic: AI.  I've shared the tweets on the Parlor's Twitter feed. 

I've also shared the tweets on the WGA and SAG-AFTRA Strikes page on the Parlor.  This is the tweet from the WGA:

On the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes page of the Parlor, I have also gone into more detail as to how I approach creation of graphics using AI.  While the Parlor does not provide any monetary compensation to me in any way and never has, it is still important to address the matter of AI and copyright.  This is because not only does the matter of intellectual property need to be addressed, but the ethics of this type of intellectual property.

AI is such a new area for many, and it can be difficult to determine the best way to approach it as intellectual property.  Meaning how to approach the creation of AI generated content that does not infringe upon the rights of intellectual property owners.  One thing is clear to me, though, at least in my opinion.

AI is not possible without actual humans.  And no matter how much content is created using AI, humans and human authorship will always be the fundamental requirement.