The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Friday, January 13, 2023

Major Renovations to the Parlor...

 

I have been copying the text, links and images as I have them on the original site, but here, the images often give a placeholder with "Hosted by Tripod" on it.  I've tried to find the original images I used to reupload them here.  It wasn't hard to find; I keep a computer file of everything I use on any site or platform of mine.

The website had a lot of light colored backgrounds, so the text color was dark and small.  I'm making the text lighter and larger so it is easier to read.  I have problems with chronic migraines and many others who have the same struggles tell me they see text onscreen best when the background is dark and the text is light and large.  So I am making each page, each post, follow that basic format.

Some pages and posts are ready, but others are still under construction.  I'll put an under construction sign on the ones I'm still working on so you know it's not that I'm unaware of how it looks at the moment!  When I'm done, I hope the content will be easy to explore and visually appealing, while accommodating the needs of those who struggle to see and read things on a screen.

The Miniseries (I think it's a miniseries, but...)

Of course, I would have to discuss it.  I've begun to share some of my thoughts on it on this page, Mayfair Witches In Pictures