The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Monday, June 12, 2023

The Parlor Turns 15

 

This month marks fifteen years since the launch of Come Into My Parlor in 2008.  I did not imagine I would still be here fifteen years later, but here I am.  Fifteen years later, Anne Rice has passed on, and now I hope the Parlor will help preserve her remarkable literary legacy.

Just For Funsies

If you have not come across this page on the site, let me introduce you to The Parlor on Wayback Machine.  On this page, you will find a list of links to each page that I archived on Wayback Machine, which is run by Internet Archive.  The site was archived as it appeared until the first week of February 2023.  That is when the madness of restoration--and I DO mean madness!--began.

Of course, the Parlor did not look that way when first launched in 2008, or in its early years.  I made a little video that shows pages on the Parlor as they looked in those earliest years.  I do have another version with "Dance of the Witches" from the soundtrack to the film, The Witches of Eastwick, but I'll put this version here instead.  It is already on the site.  

So, let's have a squizz, shall we?

 
 
My reaction when I saw some of the pages of the Parlor in its earliest years...