The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2023

The Parlor In 3D

Something interesting has happened over on Come Into My Parlor In 3D.  I thought it would be better if I were to animate the images of the 3D models.  This way, it's possible to see a lot more details.

For those interested in 3D modeling, renders, and other related graphics, I don't mind discussing a bit about the technical aspects.  I use SketchUp Pro 2019 (I know--OLD), which is actually a good place to start if you are just learning how to use 3D software.  

For SketchUp users, many share their models on 3DWarehouse, where it is possible to find lots of 3D models to look at, learn from, and even modify if you want to put your own touches on a model.  There are some fantastic 3D modelers who share their work on this site.  One of them, who I mentioned on The Face of the Parlor's Mayfair Witches, is Demilune.  The links and images on that page will take you to where Demilune's models can be seen on 3DWarehouse.

On the House of Patterns - Original Plans For First Street page, you will find a link to MouldingsOne's website, where you can find LARGE copies of the plans for 1239 First Street.  I like to point this out in case you do happen to do 3D modeling and would like to build a model of the house.  Houses, especially famous houses, are popular with modelers, actually.  The First Street house would be a good place to start if you want to build New Orleans architectural gems in 3D.

I do have other 3D models that are Mayfair Witches, which I hope I will get to uploading very soon.  From the memorial video for Anne Rice, you'll see I began the process of building 3D models of the world of the Mayfair Witches.  And...the books are actual 3D models with cover art added to each one.

Hmmm....