The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Yer Hostess Is In A Bit of Shock At the Moment...

So, I was putting a new little section for the AMC series filming locations on the Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches on AMC page, which now has a whopping two locations in New Orleans...

And I stumbled on something in the article on Distractify that I was looking at that lists the series filming locations.

Was 'Mayfair Witches' Filmed in Anne Rice's Hometown of New Orleans? Let's Investigate 

It refers to a 2014 Facebook post by Anne Rice, which is...

...this one. 

Now, it is true that the Parlor unfortunately no longer uses that particular domain name--which explains why it came up dead--but this is indeed the site referenced in the article and the post. 

The page of the website Anne was referring to here was this page: Inside First Street

The page appears different today, but the images that were there in 2014 remain there today as the original gallery at the bottom.

I'm tellin' ya, I saw that in the article and simultaneous snotted and spat out my coffee in total shock.  I'm still pretty shocked and nothing else I drink seems to help.

Kidding.

I am not a drinker.

So, I made my way into the Parlor's current chat (on this blog) and decided to go ahead and...not sure what one would call it?  Maybe one of those statements that provides clarification so it's out there?  I do not know.

What I do know is that after monitoring the Parlor Motherhouse (its analytics), the pages concerning the house at 1239 First Street, particularly the page discussed above, are the ones that seem to be the most popular.  The other pages I see a lot of visits to are the ones that discuss the Mayfair Family Tree.

I thought that was really interesting as I can recall in the first few years, it was the Lost Souls pages that were the most popular.

Now, I'm rattled, but of course, I'm not angry.  Why would I be?!  I just wasn't expecting to come across such a thing, especially not at stupid o'clock in the morning (I'm a night owl).  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little thrilled by it.  

Naturally, this is a time to confirm the original site's present URL: https://mayfair95.tripod.com/

You know, when I began the process of refreshing the site, I remembered that Facebook post of Anne's and the way she'd spoken of this house she had loved so much.  I saved the part of the site she had spoken of in her post until the end so I could give it a lot of attention, while keeping the content she had seen that must have brought back some good memories.