The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Some Updates Here and There...

There have been even more changes, updates, and things to mention on Come Into My Parlor.  If you look on some of the pages of the site, such as Blackwood Farm and Blood Canticle, you'll see a different divider on it.

Or two.

One has the cameo from the front cover and and the other has the cameo from the back cover of Blackwood Farm


The cameos in Blackwood Farm are something I have been fascinated with for a long time.  Before I read that book, I was only familiar with cameo jewelry in the form the two Blackwood Farm cameos are in.  The descriptions of jewel cameos sounded just incredible.

So I have also made a cameo graphic that is in the style of the cameos most people are familiar with, but with a difference.

Now, look closely at the one below:



Do you see it?

The two cameos above are amethyst cameos.  I used AI blending to create the face on the amethyst cameo.  Then, I added a necklace from another cameo to the second of the two amethyst cameos above.

I do have the actual 3D models of the necklace and ring modified to show the Blackwood Farm cameos.  Also, I have them for the 3D Mayfair emerald, and--yes, little bitty books! 

Of course, I do have other 3D models, which were either created or modified an existing model.  The models were created in Sketchup 2019.  I do have the option of making the models available on 3D Warehouse at no charge.  You would have to at least have a viewer for Sketchup models, which I believe are free.  

If I decide to upload the models, I will find out and post that information.

I do periodically search on Google using fairly generic terms to see if Google's crawlers have dropped by the Parlor recently.  I will do that with a regular search and an Image search.  Sometimes, I stumble on something I made or wrote for the site but it's on someone else's, or pinned in someone's Pinterest (I do love Pinterest, by the way!) and go, "Ooh!"

It makes me happy to see that people do enjoy Come Into My Parlor and even find the content I created myself to be of value.  Enough to share it on their own sites and media.  I love to showcase fan art created by so many Mayfair Witches fans, and even use some of it as a starting point myself.  And I do my best to make sure said artists are credited properly, which is really all I would ask in return when it comes to the things I did create myself.  

So I wanted to take a moment to give a big THANK YOU to those who do enjoy the Parlor and do find the things I've created for it to be of some value as well.  

And speaking of mutual appreciation...

I have been working a bit more with the Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches on AMC page.  It slows things down quite a bit if I were to continue to embed each separate video featurette on AMC's YouTube channel on the page.  So instead, I finally figured out how to embed the AMC playlist on the Parlor's YouTube channel.  The YouTube player, part of the embedding, will let you watch the video on Come Into My Parlor, or you can click on "Watch on YouTube" and it will open up that video on YouTube.

There is also a playlist embedded that is the soundtrack music for the series, in case you'd like to hear the music.

You will see also that a video tutorial of making the opening titles of the series using Adobe products is embedded by itself, and is right below the video of the credits by Duncan Elms on Vimeo.  Below that is a link to Behance, where you can learn about the creation of the credits for the series.  

The page for the AMC series has for its background the dark green garden themed Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches title.  Now that I've figured out how to add code for background images, that is.  BUT.  Only pages that are about the AMC series will have this background. 

Yesterday, I dropped by Immortal Universe's Twitter feed and found lots of graphics and featurettes made for the series.  I absolutely LOVE the animated flower graphics!  There are lots of short videos and images under the Media tab.  The media there is for both of AMC's series: Mayfair Witches and Interview With the Vampire. 

I might possibly embed some of them on a page that is specific to Immortal Universe, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  As a rule, I do not "re upload" videos like the ones on AMC's YouTube channel or the ones on the Twitter feeds.  That would be something that is not allowed by either platform.  And it's too much work when there is no need to do that.

If you go to Remembering Anne Rice, you will see some additions.  A lovely portrait of Anne, and a card that is from Immortal Universe's Twitter showing quotes of Anne's on writing.  Below that card is a link to the media tab for Immortal Universe on Twitter.  

I only know Sketchup 2019, and I just have "meat and potatoes" editing software and generators.  What I have really wanted to learn is how to create effects such as the ones used with the flowers in the little clips on Immortal Universe.  There is other software I would love learn how to use, such as rendering (Lumion is one example), and perhaps other 3D software like Blender.  

Come Into My Parlor has already come a long way since its basic restoration.  I am constantly working on it, so please keep checking back for the changes and updates!  And thank you again to everyone who has paid visits to the Parlor and appreciate what it has to offer...