The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Blog Progress and the AMC Series

I've been freshening up pages on the blog that came from the original site with things like new graphics, more resources, etc.  I've got a ways to go with that, but in the meantime...

So far, the most interest seems to be in the new series, Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches.  I thought while I'm doing fun stuff with graphics and finding more resources, it might be interesting to also give a running commentary.

Obviously, there are differences between the book and the screen.  There has been quite a bit of discussion about that.  Even my mother can be heard at times saying, "That wasn't in the book!"

So I will most likely start by doing some book to screen comparisons.  Some of those comparisons, I think, will be very interesting.

Here is a really neat animation of the house in the series that I found on AMC+'s Twitter feed.  I couldn't resist sharing it!