The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Friday, February 9, 2024

The Parlor Has a New Look!

I've finally gotten around to making new graphics for Come Into My Parlor's banners and avatars.  This is something I've wanted to do for a while now.  Over the last several months, as the 3D Mayfair house project has made progress and I've made other graphics, the basic images for banners and avatars also developed.  Here's one graphic below:

You can see, on the Parlor's blog here, the new banner.  This blog also has a new Favicon, and uses the new avatar, the one you will see, for example, on the Parlor's YouTube channel.  The above graphic can be seen on the Parlor's landing page.  If you look at pages on this blog that back up pages on the main website, you will see this graphic to click on at the bottom of those pages:

Even though the Parlor is not currently utilizing most of its social media profiles, they still exist and have also been updated with the new graphics.  The only social media currently in use are the Parlor's YouTube channel and Tumblr.

There could possibly be a return to use of social media in the future, but for now, the Parlor's social media platforms have been temporarily idled.

There will be some changes on the Parlor's main website, but not to its main focus: Mayfair Witches, Anne Rice, Vampire Chronicles, and related.  The Parlor Specials section remains, though.  And for that, I've decided to set up a "subsidiary" YouTube channel to the Parlor's main channel: Digital Dollhouse.

This little channel is for YouTube content created by the Parlor that is not Mayfair Witches-related.  There are a couple of videos and one short video so far.  What I'm really tickled about is, when I was designing the Parlor's new logo graphics, I decided to create a new one for Digital Dollhouse as well.  I've had Digital Dollhouse on the site before, but set it aside for a while.

For its new channel and content, I created a new graphic that shows the hand holding a Greek Revival house.  Instead of a rendering of the Morris-Israel house from Etsy, I replaced it with a little bitty render of the 3D model of the Mayfair house!  I am all kinds of excited about it because it just kills me, it's so cute!  I love miniatures, so I think that explains it.  Let me close this post by showing you Digital Dollhouse's new graphic:

I think this is my new favorite!