The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

A Little Mayfair Witches Ambience ASMR-style

The Parlor is trying something new.  It might have been mentioned before, but this new experiment is...ambience.  ASMR-style.

ASMR videos have become incredibly popular in the last decade.  YouTube has exploded with them.  There is almost no shortage of "triggers" of this tingly, relaxing ASMR response people experience when they hear and/or see things that trigger this curious relaxation in them.  Everything from a variety of paper sounds to whispering or soft spoken dialog to videos with gorgeous 4K graphics and audio.  This videos show animations of things like the water in a swimming pool or a crackling fire in an animated scene that is as relaxing to look at as to hear.

A YouTube subscriber suggested I try this out with the graphics in the Parlor's videos.  I thought it was a good idea, and I admit it had not occurred to me to try this.  So I did a short "test" video of a graphic showing the Mayfair pool from a model built on the Sims (not by the Parlor, though).  I'd always thought the image would look great animated, so I decided to give it a whirl.

That seemed to go over well, so a longer version with improved fountains (kinda) was uploaded.  People do seem to like that one!  I just uploaded one I had meant to include in the video of the 3D model of the dining room set up for Christmas dinner.  I had a ton of technical difficulties just getting together what I did finally manage!  So, finally, I decided to finish the graphic properly, the way I had wanted it done, and make it into an ASMR type video. 

Please do be sure to give feedback in the video comments.  They help me determine what you want to see (and hear) more of that will be helpful and/or entertaining.  So, a Christmas garland in February...