The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Monday, January 8, 2024

Rowan Mayfair By the Book

 Sometimes when a TV show or movie makes changes to some of the basic features of a character's physical appearance, it isn't always a bad thing.  One example is Rowan going from blond to brunette from page to screen.  It isn't one of the changes that bothered me too much when it came to Rowan's appearance.  I still wanted to show Rowan as Rowan Mayfair in the novels.  The model I found really did not need much in the way of changes, and even the sunglasses work.  Rowan had purchased some sunglasses on her trip to New Orleans to attend Deirdre's funeral, and they really do make her look glamorous, I think!

Here, Rowan is standing on the deck of the Sweet Christine, a 40-foot cabin cruiser (small yacht) that actually played a critical role in the beginning of The Witching Hour.  Now, it was my Danish immigrant ancestors who arrived in San Francisco who were the mariners, whereas I am afraid of water and cannot swim, so I'll do my best with the nautical details!  I do know just enough to know the Sweet Christine had a dinghy, and somewhere there is a winch because both were used during Rowan's rescue of Michael Curry from the cold water of San Francisco Bay.

For those in other regions who are unfamiliar with the Pacific Ocean along the coast of Northern California, Oregon and Washington, yes, the water really is THAT cold.  This makes Rowan's rescue of Michael, who had somehow ended up tumbling from the rocks into the water, even more remarkable.

It is in the library of 1239 First Street that I'm showcasing some 3D Mayfair artifacts as well as items associated with Rowan Mayfair, Michael Curry and San Francisco.  I might make some changes later, but I wanted to show Rowan in 3D as described in the novels...