The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year from the Parlor!

I've been working on 3D graphics like crazy.  Mostly because I kept having issues, which in turn led to at least one software upgrade and a major cleanup of graphics files.  It's unfortunate that at the moment, I have system limitations that prevent me from creating more of the type of graphics I want to create.  That's a wordy way of saying my laptop is an old fa--older device.

Perhaps I will be able to obtain a more powerful machine that will be able to handle rendering software at some point.  Lumion is one example.  I'm especially anxious to be able to do more because I would love to be able to do even more with 3D models like what is in this animation:


This animation also appears on the Parlor's home page.

In it, you see a 3D model of a woman, a Mayfair Witch.  The image created using AI technology of Charlotte Mayfair provided the textures for the face on the 3D model.  It's not perfect, but it's not exactly finished, either.

The emerald key from the AMC series that she is wearing is a 3D model of it that I also made.  You know, I had to actually draw the symbols freestyle in the 3D software, and it was sooo tedious!  I tried to keep the model as close to the one in the series as possible, and I will improve it as I am able to reproduce other details of the key.  

When I make graphics for the Parlor that include the key, more and more, you will see my 3D model of the key in it.  I have another version with slightly different metal textures that might still be seen here and there.  

I think now that I have made as much progress on the model of the Mayfair house as I have, it is time to begin introducing the characters themselves, including Lasher.  His first appearance is the image of Lasher created by Jennifer Harris for MAYFAIR, and his entry has been made via Tante Oscar's phone, which has been moved from Tante Oscar's fridge to the Mayfair fridge.

What a coincidence--that is the spot in the Mayfair house where Lasher first revealed himself to Rowan.  Lasher had shown himself to Rowan the moment her mother, Deirdre, died and again on the flight from San Francisco to New Orleans for Deirdre's funeral.  But the first time Lasher showed himself to Rowan in the Mayfair house was at pretty much the same spot where we see Lasher pop up from Tante Oscar's iPhone...

This is also one of the rare occasions where you will hear notty werds in the Parlor.  For those of you who don't mind the occasional f-bomb, have a look:


Again...Happy New Year, everyone!