The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Parlor Roots--Let's Talk Genealogy

When you visit some of the pages of the Parlor, those pages might have a bonus section at the bottom, before the footer, called ~Parlor Roots~.  I've set this section apart in its own section from the main area of each page it will appear on as I have with occasional factoids and funsies.  These bonus items are set in their own section.  They aren't necessarily a direct part of the discussion on the Mayfair Witches, but can possibly provide an additional perspective on the topic of that particular page.

One thing I am very passionate about is researching my family history.  I started this about five years before I first read the Lives of the Mayfair Witches series.  Yes, I first read the series about five years after The Witching Hour was first published.  When I did read the series, the detailed accounts of the history of the Mayfair Witches from the Talamasca's files is one of the things that really resonated with me.

Throughout the Parlor, you might see ~Parlor Roots~ on some pages as a sort of "Easter Egg".  Some might relate directly to the topic of the page.  Others might be fun factoids that can help to give a general idea of historical events and places the Lives of the Mayfair Witches are set among.  There might be things that might help us better understand the pedigree of the Mayfair Witches in the context of history.