The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Monday, July 10, 2023

Witches In History--Salem and the Mayfair Witches

I've begun the process of researching for a new special page to add.  This new special page will be about the Salem Witch Trials.

I'm surprised I haven't at least done some kind of discussion on this piece of history before, to be honest.  I want to really look further into its history, also something I'm surprised I haven't gotten to yet, considering my relatives who were victims of it.  It was a bit jarring to learn John Proctor was my great uncle, but that, to me, just makes it more important for the Parlor to give the Salem Witch Trials more attention.  

The focus is, of course, on what parallels can be drawn between this historical ghastly event and the Mayfair Witches.  The only way to do that is to really look at the history, the facts of the Salem Witch Trials.  I am going to look and see if I can find anything Anne Rice might have researched, because it's been many years since I've looked.  Understandable that I can't remember if I did come across it years ago.  So, I think I will begin there.

I hope this new special page, when added, will be informative and interesting.  In the meantime, I do indeed plan to develop the page about the Soria Creel house a bit more.  I approach that topic with the understanding that this is private property, a private home, so I will be choosy as to what information on the house I provide as an historic property.

There is much to see on Come Into My Parlor, so please drop by and explore, have fun!  If you have any questions or concerns, I can be reached at comeintomyparlor1995@gmail.com.