The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Monday, July 31, 2023

Remembering Anne Rice

Amid a bunch of other things I had to do, I've finally gotten to this very important task.  A Celebration of Life for Anne Rice is still in the planning stages.  When you go to Anne's official website, though, it will look a little different.

Click the Image to go to Anne's new landing page

Anne Rice's official website is still online as an archival site while it is being redesigned.  It has a new landing page, where you can sign up for updates on Anne's Celebration of Life to be held in New Orleans, date TBD.  The updates will be in an email newsletter.  

Click the Image to go to The Dinner Party Show website

You can also sign up for the newsletter of The Dinner Party Show podcast by Christopher Rice and Eric Shaw Quinn at the same time.  If you are interested in discussions about true crime, this might just be for you.

The podcast has discussed the murder of William Arnold "Billy" Newton, Charles Starkweather, Al Capone, David Berkowitz, and the Boston Marathon bombing, among others.  

The Parlor has made use of the Wayback Machine on Internet Archive to get an archival snapshot of the site before it was overhauled earlier this year.  I was never in a position to be able to subscribe to print newsletters Anne Rice had for her fans before things were done online.  I wish I had been able to, but wasn't.

If people still have copies of these newsletters, scanning them for upload to the Internet Archive would be an excellent way of continuing to make them available to fans across the world.  Now that Anne is gone, these newsletters can provide an excellent source of research, especially since they provide the perspective of Anne herself.

To be honest, I haven't looked at Wayback Machine specifically since archiving the Parlor pages before overhauling the entire website.  I do love Internet Archive, though, as there are so many things you can find on any number of subjects in multiple formats that can't be found anywhere else.  Once I'm finished here, I think I'll go on over there and have a look, see what I can find.  

But I need to make sure to finish up here, first, because once I get there, I know I won't surface again for...mmmm...several hours...