The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

WGA and SAG-AFTRA Strike Resource Page

The Parlor has put together a page of resources regarding the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes that have basically brought Hollywood to a grinding halt.  

WGA and SAG AFTRA Strikes 2023

As Season 2 of AMC's Interview With the Vampire has paused production due to having SAG members in the cast, you'll notice the page is themed after the show.  It's a show of support, really.   Pun intended.

There is a list of links where you can find what the strike rules are, what does and does not constitute crossing the picket line, and how you can help.  Three of the official graphics content creators can use to show support are in the gallery at the bottom of the page.  Just be aware the images are quite large at full size.

I will add more as I find it.  I'm just getting into a "deep dive" of research into what led to the strikes.  As for AMC's Mayfair Witches series, I haven't yet seen anything about it in the lists and reports of productions affected by the strikes.  If I find anything that indicates what effect, if any, the strikes will have upon Season 2 of AMC's Mayfair Witches getting under way, I will provide that on the new site page and here.

As for what effect the strikes could have on the series that was announced, Night Island, I haven't learned anything about that one yet, either.  Whatever I find out, if I find out anything at all, I will make sure to share.  

Let's hope for a good outcome for the workers who have struck.  People need and deserve to be compensated fairly for their services.  That includes far more workers in the entertainment industry--Hollywood--than we realize.  They don't make a lot of money.  They're like the rest of us--trying to earn a living.  They just happen to be doing so in Hollywood.