The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Thursday, July 27, 2023

And Now, Instagram

I admit, I don't have too much experience with Instagram, but it is something I decided to set up because I prefer my eggs to NOT all be in the same basket.  I'm as fond of bundling services as the next person, but I do want to see what makes each platform different from the next.

Like everything else, setting up the Parlor on Instagram took a lot longer than anything like that should, I think.  Everything to do with social media usually does take a long time and is often so tedious that it's frustrating.  Hopefully, it will be worth the effort.

There is not really much content on in at the moment, but I am looking around at what I'd like to share on the Parlor on Instagram.  Redundancy is no fun.  To illustrate what I mean, I'll use Immortal Universe as an example.

If you go to their Twitter feed and Facebook page, and you watch some of the very short clips made to promote the Mayfair Witches series, you'll notice they have basically the same aspect ratio.  But on Instagram, those same videos have a 9:16 aspect ratio.  That just means it's meant to be viewed on a mobile device like a smartphone.

Which means this is probably how I will start the process of making the site more friendly towards these little bitty pocket computers with phones in 'em.  Here, as an example of 9:16 aspect ratio, is the exactly ONE piece of Mayfair Witches content on the Parlor's Instagram to start off with: