The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Sunday, September 24, 2023

For Vampire Chronicles Fans...

...there is, in Lestat's Parlor, a new link for those who are interested in more details on the Gallier house in New Orleans.

As with the plans for 1239 First Street, Mouldings One also has plans for the Gallier house!  For those of you who are interested in 3D modeling, the plans are large enough to see dimensions, measurements, and other fine print.  

I've included the link in the section of Lestat's Parlor that is in the beginning of discussion about the Gallier house.

The Gallier House, New Orleans (Courtesy: The Cultural Landscape Foundation)

I'm having a minor disagreement with my kidneys at the moment.  They want to make me some nice new kidney stones, and I'm not thrilled.  Still, I wanted to bring to the attention of Vampire Chronicles fans the plans for this historic New Orleans house.  Like the Soria-Creel house in the Garden District used as the home of the Mayfair Witches in the AMC series, Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches, the Gallier house is used as Lestat's townhouse in the Interview With the Vampire series on AMC.

The more of these New Orleans houses I see and compare, the more I come to understand the practical reasons behind these architectural styles.  I've begun to go into a little more detail on this with the Soria-Creel house page.  I didn't get a chance to discuss the bit about why houses were built in positions relative to bodies of water before my kidneys started giving me attitude, but I hope I get to that soon.  I think it might help explain some of the basic and practical reasons these houses are a bit different than houses in other parts and climates in the United States.