The Files on the Mayfair Witches Parlor Blog

Thursday, July 20, 2023

The WGA and SAG Strike

It has come to my attention that SAG-AFTRA has joined WGA in the strike. Even though I am not specifically in the entertainment industry and the vast majority of my website, Come Into My Parlor, focuses on the novels in Anne Rice's Lives of the Mayfair Witches, there is a section of the site that is devoted to the AMC series that premiered in January. The Parlor is also on Twitter, where I am willing to retweet updates on the Interview With the Vampire series on AMC, as well. However, I am looking into the ways the Parlor can show support for WGA and SAG workers who have struck.

I am going to post a link to an online article in Variety that is a Q&A of what can and cannot be done by union members who have struck. This is entirely new territory for the Parlor, but necessary as the AMC series is discussed in some detail on Come Into My Parlor.